Individual Member of FIATA
All members of SLA are eligible to become Individual Members of FIATA. Companies who wish to join the federation may complete the
Application Form for Individual Membership (Category A)
and submit it to SLA for endorsement before onward transmission to FIATA.
- FIATA Members Directory
- Advertisements in the FIATA Members Directory
- FIATA Review
- FIATA Publications and Articles
- FIATA Arbitration Court
- Obtaining Legal Advice
- FIATA Logo
Official website of FIATA: www.fiata.com.
FIATA Group Bond Programme
On 1 October 1998, the US Senate passed the Ocean Shipping Reform Act of 1988 (OSRA) for signature by the US President. OSRA changed the 1984 US Shipping Act. The changes came into force on 1 May 1999.
FIATA has put in place a NVOCC Group Bond Programme for national associations and their members in line with the revised requirements of the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) regarding NVOCC Bond and Freight Forwarder Bond.
Please refer to www.avalonrisk.com/fiatabond to know more information about the programme, the current application and other pertinent regulatory information.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Avalon at email@example.com
- FIATA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
FIATA has created several documents and forms to establish a uniform standard for use by freight forwarders worldwide. The documents are easily distinguishable as each has a distinctive colour and carries the FIATA logo.
- FIATA FCR (Forwarders Certificate of Receipt)
- FIATA FCT (Forwarders Certificate of Transport)
- FWR (FIATA Warehouse Receipt)
- FBL (negotiable FIATA Multimodal Transport Bill of Lading)*
- FWB (non-negotiable FIATA Multimodal Transport Waybill)*
- FIATA SDT (Shippers Declaration for the Transport of Dangerous Goods)
- FIATA SIC (Shippers Intermodal Weight Certificate)
- FFI (FIATA Forwarding Instructions)
*Issuance of these documents is regulated by National Associations. In Singapore, companies wishing to issue these documents must be a member of Singapore Registry of Accredited Multimodal Transport Operators (MTO Registry)