Written by Ho Chee Mun - 4th edition
There is no text that encompasses all air cargo related issues – until now. This bookwritten specifically on air cargo provides a comprehensive framework of the conceptsand applications involved in airfreight, including the latest information on pricing,regulations, handling procedures and modern equipment such as aircraft, containersand materials handling equipment.
The Practitioner's Definitive Guide: Airfreight Forwarding will give practitioners all round knowledge of current, practical, hands-on field applications, while keepingthem in touch with real-life practices. It is specially tailored for airfreight industrypersonnel, including shippers from industries like electronics, pharmaceuticals, flowers and live tropical fishes.
The book includes topics such as:
- government agencies and associations and their involvement in the industry
- manuals and guidelines for cargo, including livestock, dangerous goods andperishables)
- functions of airlines' ground handling agents
- free trade zones, cross docking (consolidation, break-bulk, mixing)
- types of aircraft, containers and materials handling equipment
- import/export declarations and prohibited goods
- preparation of air waybills and calculation of freight rates
- the internet and its facilitation of e-commerce
About The Writer
Ho Chee Mun is a lecturer and associate trainer, teaching management in logistics and transport, among other topics. He has served more than 30 years in the airfreight and logistics industry. He held several senior management positions during his tenures with Panalpina World Transport, DHL International and Airtropolis Express, prior to which he was Cargo Sales Manager with Singapore Airlines.
He graduated from the University of Leicester with an MBA, and has a Bachelor of Business in Transport & Logistics Management degree from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT). He is a Certified Professional Logistician (CPL), jointly awarded by the Singapore Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport, International Enterprise of Singapore and Singapore Infocomm Development Authority. He holds a postgraduate Diploma in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK.
Members/TLA participants : $26.95 (include GST)
Non-Members : $29.95 (include GST)
You can purchase the publications at SLA Secretariat office at No 2 Bukit Merah Central, #04-02, Singapore 159835. For overseas purchase and further enquiries, please send us email.